Automatically forward email from Comcast
To set up email forwarding from your Comcast account to a different email address, follow these steps:
- Log into your Xfinity email account.
- If you are not automatically taken to your Comcast inbox, click on the envelope icon on the top righthand side of the page.
- Click on the gear icon at the top of the page, on the righthand side.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click Auto Forward, under the Mail section of the settings menu.
- Check the checkbox next to Enable Mail Forwarding.
- In the text box, enter the email address where you'd like emails forwarded.
- Choose whether you'd like to save a copy of forwarded emails in your Comcast account (by checking that checkbox) or delete emails after they've been forwarded (by leaving that checkbox unchecked)
- Click Mail in the menubar to return to your Comcast inbox.
Please note that in order for email forwarding to work, your Comcast account will need to remain open. Once your Comcast account closes, email sent to it will be bounced back to the sender (and no longer forwarded). If you are closing your account, your best bet is to notify all of your contacts of your new email address.
Note: These instructions are for the new Comcast email platform, which uses icon-based menus. If your email uses text-based menus and looks like the picture below, then you will want to use the instructions for forwarding email from Comcast's old email platform.